Four CEO's from the colocation space talk to DCD's Peter Judge about their key challenges
Solving the global colocation and cloud infrastructure capacity challenge
Event in numbers
- 70% of all Internet traffic in the world is routed through “data center alley” on a daily basis
- 13.5m sq.ft of data center space already commissioned
- 557MW of new data center capacity is under construction or being planned
- 100+ major colo and cloud providers now operate data centers within the area
With the exclusive support of the Loudoun County Department of Economic Development and Dominion Power, DatacenterDynamics is launching a major new event for the Northern Virginia market.
With a total multi-tenant colocation data center inventory of more than 7.5m sq.ft that draws 4.5 gigawatts of power and with much more in the pipeline, Ashburn and its surrounding area is referred to as "datacenter alley". With seventy percent of the world’s internet traffic passing through it’s boarders, this is the largest growth market in the world.
Join 500+ senior executives from the nation’s largest colo operators, major cloud providers and the supporting advisory and technology ecosystem to share best-practice and the emerging technologies service providers can adopt to ensure long-term sustainability and meet exponential capacity growth.
Official PartnersView all partners
Key conference themes
5G, Edge & Interconnect
The data center landscape is evolving fast with 5G and IoT technologies set to ignite exponential data growth at the core and create a “new” edge ecosystem. This content theme looks at how this new infrastructure layer is going to be built, deployed and connected.
Energy Smart Infrastructure
From future battery technology to microgrids and the latest cooling tech, this content theme provides data center operators with expert opinion and guidance on how to design and operate highly-efficient and highly-reliable mission critical environments that support the next generation of high density IT.
Building at Scale & Speed
It’s crucial for data center developers and operators to reduce time to construction especially within the colo and hyperscale sectors. This content theme explores new greenfield data center design, construction techniques, framework agreements and supply chain dynamics
Site-Selection & Readiness
Access to capital, site selection, energy procurement, and connectivity are just some of the factors that developers and operators must consider when planning a new facility. This new content theme focuses on the work that must be done in advance of any new data center investment.
A big discussion about data center economics, financial engineering, cost modelling, ownership, investment, risk and anything else to do with the flow of capital into the data center.
See who you can expect to meet onsite at the inaugural DCD>Virginia event taking place 5-6 October 2020
With Northern Virginia bursting at the seams, new submarine fiber could create new hubs in the south of the Commonwealth
Will Northern Virginia ever run out of space?
Register for DCD>Virginia
- Enterprise FREE Just 100 Passes Available!
- Colo/Cloud/Telco FREE Just 300 Passes Available!
- Advisory FREE Just 100 Passes Available!
- Vendor $1,175 Register by 08/21 to save $504!
You qualify for a FREE enterprise pass if:
- Your company is an enterprise organisation with datacenter requirements
- You, as an individual, are directly engaged, as a management or technical professional in planning, strategy, design, procurement, implementation, integration and operations
You qualify for a FREE service provider pass if:
- Your company is an owner/operator of Colo / MTDC / MSP / Cloud or Telco data centers
You qualify for a FREE advisory pass if:
- Your company is a technical consultancy or contractor i.e architect, engineering, construction, design, systems integration or facilities management.
- Or, you provide the following professional services: investment & real estate, IT sourcing, legal.
If this is not you, please book a VENDOR pass.
You must purchase a vendor pass if:
Your organisation provides technology, products or services to the data center sector and you, as an individual work in a senior management, marketing or business development role.
Rick Einhorn, EYP Mission Critical Facilities
DCD is an invaluable source for both thought leadership, the introduction of cutting edge ideas and simply for developing new business opportunities.
Oman N Elissa, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
DCD sets the bar for high quality data center industry events, networking and knowledge-sharing.
Kevin Brown, Schneider Electric
DCD does a great job at putting together an event that enables us to share some of our perspectives but also to be able to get feedback from people.
2020 US Event Series
Conference DCD>New York 2020
Conference Datacenter-nomics New York
Conference DCD>San Francisco 2020
Conference DCD>Dallas 2020 (VIP Only)