Indian data network specialist Sterlite Technologies Limited (STL) is growing its data center expertise with the acquisition of British firm Impact Data Solutions (IDS Group).
STL made its name designing and deploying high capacity fiber and wireless networks, with customers including the likes of telecom firms, cloud companies, and large enterprises. Fleet, Hampshire-based IDS, meanwhile, specializes in providing infrastructure for hyperscale data centers. It counts two of the four largest global cloud players as part of its customer base.
Under terms of the acquisition, STL will acquire a 100 percent stake in IDS, which has been valued at £12m (US$14.7m). Initially, however, STL will buy an 80 percent stake, with the remaining 20 percent to be acquired on an earn-out model over the next few years.
According to STL, the acquisition “solidifies” its position in the cloud and data center market, as well as giving it access to two of the top global cloud providers.
“It is our endeavor to be more and more relevant to our customers' data network creation needs across the globe,” Dr Anand Agarwal, group CEO of STL, said.
“The massive growth in data transmission and high bandwidth applications are driving a large need for Edge compute and localized data center, which makes this an extremely attractive space for investment."
Ben Parker, IDS CEO, added: “We are incredibly excited at the prospect of working together with STL to scale our already highly successful business operations and services to support our growing customer base.
“Joining the STL global platform will enable us to fast track our expansion with the quality, scale and breadth of competencies needed to meet our customers' complex design and deployment requirements."
More in Networking
Conference Session Full-lifecycle test automation for today's data center