The FlexCore Optical Distribution Frame (ODF) from Panduit is a versatile front-access cabling system that provides improved protection for critical fiber connections.
Utilizing innovative cable management and simple, intuitive cable routing, the FlexCore ODF simplifies and reduces time for moves, adds, and changes (MACs).
With standard doors with locks and optional locks for each enclosure, the FlexCore ODF solution enables multi-tiered security which increasing numbers of customers require for multiple client access applications.
The FlexCore ODF system can manage up to 3,168 fibers per frame, making it easy to create multiple configurations using just three modular building blocks.
This flexibility allows for design customization and scalability while optimizing both product availability and system density.
Compared to typical data center cabinets, FlexCore ODF can reduce floor space in a data center by 50 percent. In addition, with side panels and doors with locks, the FlexCore ODF solution allows the system to be completely enclosed and secure.
“As the value of each fiber circuit rises exponentially and networks continue to densify, data center managers who demonstrate greater scalability, agility, and resilience will gain a business advantage,” stated Stephen Morris, Panduit senior product manager.
“FlexCore delivers on all those fronts with its unrivaled manageability, scalability, fiber circuit protection, and security features.”
The latest small diameter fiber cabling offers 4x more fiber in the same space over previous optical fiber, which allows faster deployment, while Total Front Access simplifies cable layout and maintenance.
Panduit FlexCore Optical Distribution Frame offers multiple advantages over existing products:
- Highly intuitive cable routing paths remove guesswork and prevents ‘rip and replace’ costs
- Innovative cable management and lockable vertical cable manager doors eliminate circuit risk and downtime
- Up to 3,168 fibers per frame when using standard 24 fiber cassettes
- Data center floor space can be reduced by 50 percent
- Simplifies and reduces the time for moves, adds, and changes (MACs)
- Multiple form factor (width) cassettes optimize rack space across wider applications
- Patch cords consolidated to a single length – freeing up capital locked in maintaining inventory
- Multi-layer security with lock capability available at both 4RU enclosure and ODF doors.
For more information on the FlexCore ODF can be found here.
More from Panduit
Sponsored Power crisis equals UPS opportunity
A data center lacking built-in resilience in depth can too easily be knocked offline, making well-specified UPS infrastructure more important than ever, writes Panduit’s Michael Akinla
Sponsored SmartZone G5 Security Handle offers secure dual authentication
Panduit's G5 smart handle offers multiple configurations with and without a keypad to compliment users’ operational requirements
Sponsored Panduit launches new generation FlexFusion™ cabinets
A new generation cabinet that offers unparalleled customisation possibilities to suit all needs