When Africa Data Centres expanded their worldclass data centre facility in Midrand, they had specific requirements for the design and configuration of its new cloud providing, carrier and enterprises facility along with new supporting IT power solutions; all of which had to be configured to form part of a legacy building with many restrictions.
In this case study, we explore how the implementation of 2.4MW xModular units enabled Africa Data Centers to:
- Provide a stable amount of available power on a limited footprint
- Leverage a UPS that can withstand severe power disturbances
- Improve efficiency levels by up to 99%, suspending power modules when double conversion isn't required
- Scale up capacity in the future thanks to a modular design
- Reduce long term carbon footprint by deploying power modules made of 90% recyclable materials