A magazine all about time - dive into the forgotten history of computing
A global conversation about the evolution of hyperscale and its impact on the industry
The infrastructure decisions made in Silicon Alley affect the world, with hyperscalers accounting for more than half of all data centers built in 2020.
With the post-COVID environment generating an explosion in both capacity demand and the carbon footprint for computing at scale, the onus is on the builders of digital infrastructure to find the balance needed to supply the world with cloud hosting and high-density compute - albeit, sustainably. The next decade will also likely see huge growth at the edge overtake the demand for the core data center, further complicating the role which dozens of micro facilities will play in a net-zero future.
As we host the world’s leading voices on cloud-scale, carbon-aware computing, we will ask:
- How will the hyperscalers help meet North America’s ambitious GHG emissions pledge?
- Can buildings full of computers make good neighbours?
- In a land plagued by water scarcity, how should data centers address stewardship?
- On the road to a carbon-free future, where does diesel sit in the transition?
.....and much more. Broadcasting on September 21-23, DCD>San Francisco will bring together the major players from the global hyperscale data center ecosystem to discuss the future in-front of and with an anticipated audience of more than 2,000 professionals.
As a series subscriber, you will...
- Learn from industry experts across 16 episodes, available to stream live or on-demand
- Discover additional resources, like whitepapers & fact sheets, in our resources hub
- Network with your peers in our exclusive DCD networking group
- Exchange ideas and knowledge with our virtual roundtables, led by industry experts
More hyperscale episodes, available to stream now:
Conference Session How can the grid best prepare for the hyperscale demand for electricity?
Conference Session Pushing the cloud out to the edge: The hyperscale view
Conference Session Panel: Taking scale to the next level; what type of innovation is needed?
Broadcast DCD>Critical Power | Stream on-demandHow is power infrastructure inside the data center adapting to the burgeoning demand for compute?
Where next for enterprise data center decision making in a hybrid world?
Broadcast DCD>Europe | Stream on-demandMapping the sustainable and climate-conscious expansion of Europe’s cloud, edge & data center industry
Broadcast DCD>Virginia | Stream on-demandHow is the colo industry evolving to meet unrelenting capacity demands?